Tasty Dal Khichdi with A2 Ghee
Dal Khichdi is the most popular dish of North India but its commonly eaten all over India. A well made Dal Khichdi is very delicious, protein packed, healthy and nourishing. It can be served with Ghee, Papad or pickle but it’s mostly garnished with pure Ghee to enhance the taste and aroma.
1 cup Rice
1/4 cup Moong Dal
3 to 4 cups Water (as per desired consistency)
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 teaspoon Cumin Powder
2 tablespoon Ghee
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
Salt to taste
- Take the rice and moong dal in a bowl. Wash them in water for 3-4 times, drain well, and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon A2 ghee to the pressure cooker (3-5 liter capacity). Heat it up and add hing and cumin.
- Next, add turmeric powder followed by the drained rice and dal.
- Add the required quantity of water and salt to taste and close the cooker.
- Cook for 4 whistles (the first whistle on high flame and the remaining 3 whistles on medium flame) or for 8-10 minutes on low fire once the pressure has built in the cooker.
- Let the steam pressure simmer down, open the cooker, and serve the khichdi with pure A2 cow ghee for the best taste.
Chopped vegetables or fine chopped green chilies can also be added during preparation to add spiciness to the dish
Dal Khichdi can be garnished with coriander leaves or tadka of red chilies or mustard seeds.
To buy high quality A2 Cow Ghee, please click here